This section provides tech files, tips, tricks and general information about model railroading gathered by the members of EMRRC, the Elkhart Model Railroad Club. (click on the pictures to link to an article)
- Build Your Own Stay Alive
- Belgian Block Streets in N-Scale by Lance Mindheim
- Models Roads by Lance Mindheim
- EMRRC Tree Clinic Making Trees with dried hydrangea flowers
- Making Conifer Trees with Furnace Filter Material
- Weathering With Oils
- Google built a tiny Street View car to map out one of the world's largest model cities, and the results are incredible
- Rock Clinic, Using Molds and Hydrocal
- Powdered Ballast Glue Process from Lance Mindheim
- A detailed guide into building a durable and relieable static grass applicator.
- "What's Neat in Model Railroading". Tips from Model Railroad Hobbiest posted by Paul Ewing
- Backdrop Painting with "Jumping" Jay Freet
- A $5 Sand Blaster http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-500-Sandblaster/
- A nice group of photos showing weathered rolling stock by artist & corrosionist mellowmike Weathered rolling stock.
- Here's a tip from member Paul Ewing, if you're tired of trying to find coupler springs that have flown across the room.
- Long time member Stan Shatto shows you how to save money and build storage tanks and water towers out of PVC.
- This is not our tip but it's a good one. Tom Bacarella, Janek Bringle, and Chris Palomarez of Athearn Trains demonstrate how to remove numbers, hearlds and lettering from boxcars and engines. Thanks to Rod1208 on the Southern Pacific Modeler's Forum for this technique with the paper towels & MicroSol. Ryan M-Mart pioneered this technique long ago with Micro-Sol, but without the towels which make a huge difference! Here you go give it a try.